Tired of starting over? Stop Quitting.
Falling off the wagon doesn’t have to be devastating as long as you get back up! I’ve been there, so I’m speaking from experience. To get started with exercise and changing your eating habits, you need to a realistic plan that won’t make you crash and burn. Here are my recommendations for getting started right and making exercise healthy eating and consistent fitness a lifelong habit. Pull out a piece of paper and write this down!
- Write down your “why”. Why do you want to exercise more and eat better?
- Determine your goals. Lose 10 lbs. Fit into those size 6 jeans again. Get more muscle definition. Tighten up your abs. Lose the jiggle. The important thing here is to set SMART goals (specific, measureable, attainable, reasonable, time specific.)
- Determine what type of exercise will help you reach your goals. Write down when, where, and how you will exercise. Remember, be realistic and don’t try to do too much too fast. It might be joining a gym or bootcamp or using home fitness DVDs. A combination of strength training, cardio and flexibility workouts generally works best no matter what your goals. This will help you lose weight, gain muscle definition and increase your flexibility to improve your overall fitness.
- Write down the days and times you’re going to workout each week. Add it to your calendar and stick to the schedule. Click here for my YouTube video “Top 10 tips for starting an exercise program”.
- Meal plan. Create a healthy meal plan that will support your goals.
Don’t Join a Gym Just Yet
Joining a gym is great, if you go. So you don’t waste your money, I recommend starting with home fitness DVDs. They include a complete workout program, workout calendar, and a meal plan all laid out for you, to eliminate the guess work on how to get started. Check out my Top Recommended Fitness Programs link to find a home fitness program that’s right for you. Or contact me and we’ll select one together.
Transitioning to Healthy Eating
Healthy eating is the toughest part. Those cravings can jump on your back with viciousness. Especially during that time of the month. You ladies know what I’m talking about. Join my group and I’ll share with you my strategies for riding out the cravings or satisfying them in a healthy fashion. It’s not to say you can’t indulge every now and then. The keys to the kingdom lie in eating healthy consistently enough that you see results. That will put enough wind beneath your wings to encourage you to keep going. My 365 Fitness Challenge includes my 8 Week Transition Diet to help you slowly transition to healthier eating habits.
My ultimate goal is for you to completely OVERHAUL the way you eat so you stop crashing and burning and develop a healthier lifestyle both nutritionally and physically. We’re getting older every day. Eventually our metabolism slows and we lose muscle mass which means we get flabby and “skinny fat”. It doesn’t have to be so!
For extra support and accountability from me and others just like you, join my FREE 365 Fitness Challenge. Anyone can do my program, whether you’re new to exercise or not. They key is to move on a regular basis and make smart choices when it comes to food. Click here for all the details and to get started with Week 1 TODAY!