Turbo Jam® trainer Chalene Johnson recommends taking baby steps to eat healthier. If you “slip,” get immediately back on track. Never let a vacation or a special holiday be an excuse to overdo it the entire time. Go ahead, enjoy the occasional indulgence, but keep it reasonable. Here are her 10 tiny changes you can make for big weight loss.
2. W.I.W.M. When you really crave something unhealthy, answer this question: “What do I Want More,” that piece of chocolate cake, or a body I feel proud of? And on rare occasions, it’s okay to pick the chocolate cake!
3. No one’s perfect.Don’t allow one bad choice to result in bingeing the rest of the day, or falling back into old habits.
4. Focus. Make eating purposeful, not something mindless to do while watching TV, driving, or sitting in front of the computer. Whenever you put food in your mouth, try to engage all of the senses in the pleasure of nourishing your body.
6. Veggies. Most of your plate should have veggies and/or fruit on it at both lunch and dinner.
7. See what you eat. Eat your food off of a plate instead of straight out of a jar, bag, or box.
8. Don’t buy it. Stop buying the food you snack on all day. Just eliminate the temptation.
9. Eat more fruit. A person who gets enough fruit in their diet doesn’t have a raging sweet tooth.