Peanutty Peanut Butter Squares
The picture doesn’t do these yummy treats justice! They’re chewy and delicious! I tried these Peanut Butter Squares one day when I craving something gooey and chocolatey. These hit a home run! Even my husband liked them. I added dark chocolate chips because I LOVE pb and chocolate together. I took the leftovers to work the next day and my coworkers gave them a big thumbs up!
Only a few ingredients and very easy to make. After you make them, tag me on Facebook (hashtag #fitandfabulous) and let me know how they turned out. Enjoy!
Non-stick cooking spray
1 ½ cups all-natural smooth peanut butter
½ cup pure maple syrup (or raw honey. I used maple syrup)
2 tsp pure vanilla extract
2 large eggs, at room temperature
½ tsp baking soda
*optional: ¼ cup dark chocolate chips.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Lightly coat 8 x8 inch baking pan with spray. Set aside
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and mix well. (I used my hand mixer). Make sure your eggs are room temperature.
- Evenly spread batter into prepared pan. Smooth top with a spatula.
- Bake for 20 – 23 minutes. Squares may be a little soft when coming out of the oven, but they will continue to cook. Cool. Cut into squares.
Container Equivalents (per serving): 1 yellow
Nutritional info (per serving):
Cals 182 Fat 13g Carbs 13g Sodium 158mg Sugar 10g Protein 7g
*chocolate chips are not factored into this nutrition info.
If you’re reading your labels (like I KNOW you are right??), you’ll see that while this is a perfectly healthy treat, these squares are not necessarily low calorie. Enjoy these without guilt, but do so sparingly. They’re way better for you than anything processed you can buy off the shelf. But be mindful of the calories so you don’t totally wreck your macros for the day.
This recipe is from the 21 Day Fix Fixate Cookbook. It has 100+ tasty and healthy recipes you can try so you don’t get bored eating the same old thing. I’ve been using it for a few months now and highly recommend it! Get your copy here: 21 Day Fix Fixate Cookbook